October 6, 2009

Quick Rants

If blogs were not made for one sided and self serving rants then what is?

Three signs a person who posts on a message board needs to get off their computer and seek professional help for whatever issues that has caused them to become socially isolated:

1) If a person was to keep track of the time and days of someone's posts and see they are basically on the site close to 24/7/365 minus sleep.

2) If you have posted so many times about the exact same topics that you have lost all sense of actual context of what the person posted. That you find something small and take it totally out of context so you can write something just to write something out of needing to post just to post. I just read a post yesterday where a person took to task another person for using the term “verbal abusive humiliation” when very clearly describing it in a way that no sane person would infer anything but a couple engaging in consensual fun.

If you are down to not bothering to read a post that clearly gives context and basically just looking to type just something it is time to take a step back.

3) If you think or feel pressure to post to every new thread because people expect and value what you have to say. There is no message board around where one person means a hill of beans. If your identity and need for attention is tied into a message board you need some serious help.

As much as I like to think I have some knowledge and wisdom I would be also the first person to say I may not really have any or cannot communicate well enough depending on the eye of the holder. Anything I write the only thing I expect of it is that it has taken a presence in cyber and that is it. Message boards are great for many reasons but never think the more you post the more awesome and knowledgeable you are or that people need to read what you have to write. They do not. No one is that special or  that wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy any comments, opinions and questions including the bad and ugly. I only have one request and that you always refer to me as Jen. That is my name and no formalities like Mistress or Madam.